Skip to main content

NOVEMBER FAVOURITES!

Can you believe it's already December? It's beginning to look a lot like..... exam season! Kidding, but not really. Hang in there students, the break is near! I can't wait to finally have more time to blog... November was a pretty brutal month for me in terms of school and time management!

This month was a really great one for me in terms of my makeup and skincare routine though. I just came out of a 4-ish month no-buy, which really renewed my perspective on using up my products and not buying more than I really need just because.

I also tried out so many new products, many of which I won't mention here (dedicated full reviews are on the way!), and I've discovered a ton of new favourites.
I went to the Lise Watier warehouse sale this past month and picked up their Blush Trio, and can we just talk about how pretty it is? I think its from an older collection, so I'm not sure if it's available any more, but I've been using it every day in November so I couldn't not share it. It gives the most perfect, winter rosy cheeks that I love.

Another thing I was on the hunt for this month was a new face powder, since I ran out of my beloved Rimmel 'Stay Matte'. I picked up Maybelline's Fit Me! Matte & Poreless Face Powder, and I've been loving it. I'm not sure if it's as good as the Rimmel one, but I've been using it every day and have no complaints at all. It mattifies and sets your face makeup without leaving your face looking powdery, and that's all I can ask for!
My favourite lip colour in November was hands down 'Pink Wink' from Maybelline. It's the coolest metallic rose colour in the most comfortable, long lasting formulation. I've never been a huge fan of the scent of Maybelline lipsticks, but this one doesn't bother me too much (maybe it's just because I love the shade so much, though!)

I've never been one to use setting sprays until I tried the Nyx Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray. This stuff has changed the game for me completely. It takes away any dryness or powdery finish and leaves your makeup looking like it just became one with your face. It's incredible.
I'm probably one of the biggest fans of L'Oreal's Infallible eye shadows, and this one in the shade 'Permanent Kaki' is definitely no exception. I've been stepping out of my comfort zone a lot lately in terms of eyeshadow and lipstick. A few months ago, I would have never thought I'd be wearing a shade like this on my eyes, but it's quickly become one of my favourites. It's a stunning metallic khaki colour that I honestly think would be flattering on just about any skin tone and any eye colour.

In a similar colour scheme, I've also been loving the Annabelle Smudgeliner in 'Cyber Jungle'. I've always been a huge fan of Annabelle's smudgeliners. They glide on extremely smoothly and pigmented. This one in particular is a khaki/taupe type colour that is suprisingly very pretty.

What did you love during the month of November?
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als