Skip to main content

My 10 Fall Makeup Essentials

Hi everyone! Can you believe September is almost over? Was that the fastest month ever or what?

I really wanted to take a little time to talk about my essential, must have makeup once Autumn comes around. While I'm not too strict when it comes to sticking to "seasonally appropriate" makeup, Fall is definitely my favourite season, so I definitely take advantage of it when it comes to my makeup choices.

Here are the things that I think are definite must haves in your collection for the Autumn months!


1) A good under eye concealer/colour corrector

Ah yes, back to school season. Midterms await, meaning sleepless nights and under eye darkness galore. Having a good heavy duty under eye concealer, and a good colour corrector is essential in the Fall.
I recommend: Lancome 'Effacernes' Under Eye Concealer & Nyx Dark Circle Concealer/Corrector

2) A Cool Toned Nude Lipstick

When I think of Fall lipstick, I think of 2 things: a vampy wine colour, and a cool toned nude. So on days you don't quite want to go for an intense dark lip, this is a really flattering choice. Plus it also gives you extra freedom to get a bit more creative with your eyeshadow looks!
I recommend: Essence 'Cool Nude' Lipstick

3) A Vampy Dark Red Lip

I won't bore you to death with the same story over again, but I had been on the hunt for the perfect dark wine lip colour, and I found it with Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Copenhagen'. It's perfect and stunning and flattering on all skin tones. That is all.


4) Duo Chrome Eyeshadow

I like going for more 'outside of the box' eyeshadow looks in the fall. While on a day to day basis, I tend to stick with my safe neutrals, I do also like to reach for some vibrant coppers, or some really cool duo chrome looks that just seem to look so much cooler in the Autumnal months.
I recommend: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in  'Lounge' (it's described as a brick red with a green shift, and it is my favourite thing ever)

5) A Super Dark Black Eyeliner

I adore lack eyeliner, but I find that a super, intense black liners look best in the colder months. And years later, I have yet to find an eyeliner blacker than Urban Decay's 24 Hour Glide On Pencil in 'Perversion'


6) A Warm Toned Blush 

I wear a lot of peach and baby pink blushes in the summer, but when it comes to fall and winter, I always go to a warmer blush to give that healthy "out in the cold" glow.
I recommend: Nyx HD Blush in 'Amber'

7) A Hydrating Foundation

When the weather cools down, my skin goes from combination to very dry. So I like a foundation that will keep my skin feeling hydrated and comfortable all day.
I recommend: Covergirl 'Ready Set Gorgeous' Foundation and Too Faced 'Born This Way' Foundation


9) Bolder Brows

I have natually thick brows, so I can get away with not doing much with them on a day to day basis with my lighter, more natural looks in the Summer. However I almost always fill them in during the Fall months, just because I love the look of bold brows with the more bold makeup looks that come during this time of year!
I recommend: Annabelle Skinny Brown Liner in Universal Ebony


10) Soft lips

Dry lips from the chilly weather paired with a vampy, dark matte lip is a disaster waiting happen. I take extra care to hydrate my lips as soon as the weather gets colder. I particularly love Burt's Bee's lip balms for this. I'm using one that's a coconut and pear flavour right now, and it is DIVINE.


What are your must have products in the Fall? Let me know!
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als