Skip to main content

My 10 Beach Bag Must-Haves!

There's a reason why beach bags are so huge: there are a lot of things you need to being with you! It may be mid-August, but to me, summer is still in full swing. It is hot and sunny, and that can only mean one thing... time to head to the beach (or pool!).

Over time, I've nailed down the beach bag to an exact science. Here are the products I find are must haves in my beach bag:

1) Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sunscreen (for body & face) 
I've raved about these products over and over. It's the first sunscreen I've ever used that feels hydrating on my skin rather than greasy. It also smells great and gives you the protection you need from the sun!

2) SPF protection for lips
Just like the rest of your skin, your lips need to be protected too! I bring just a basic lip balm with some SPF in it. I really like the Nivea one.

3) A big water bottle
Staying hydrated when you're in the sun is so important. I always like to bring a really big water bottle with me.

4) Sun Hat
I have a huge, floppy sun hat that I only bring with me when I'm at the beach. It protects your scalp from the sun and gives your face some shade. Plus, it's pretty cute.

5) Book or Magazine
There is nothing quite like reading a good book or flipping through your favourite magazine while by the water. I always make sure to bring one with me when I feel like relaxing for a bit.

6) Snacks!
It's always a good idea to bring some snacks with you to the beach. I have 2 types of snacks I like to bring with me: a finger food, like popcorn, and a fruit. Watermelon is the best on hot days!

7) Towel & Cover-up
If you're planning on going in the water, obviously you can't forget a towel (I'm pretty notorious for forgetting basic things like that!). I also bring a loose, comfy cover up or dress to wear on top of my bathing suit afterwards.
8) Sunglasses
So, your skin, lips and scalp are protected... what about your eyes? I always bring sunglasses wherever I go!

9) Flip Flops
This is pretty self explanatory. As much as the feeling of sand beneath your feet is great, sometimes it can get a bit hot, or you want to walk around and need something easy you can throw right on.

10) After-sun lotion
After a long day outside, I love applying some after-sun lotion. The Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration (surprise, surprise) one is my favourite. It is extremely hydrating but also contains aloe, so it is cooling on the skin. Bonus: it smells fantastic.

Bonus things to bring! 
If you're going to the beach on a super sunny day, you might want to bring a beach umbrella with you to create some more shade. If you're going with a group of friends, I'd recommend bringing something to play some music and a camera to take pictures! I also like to bring hand sanitizer with me, for when I decide to eat a bit after getting my hands all sandy and dirty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als