Skip to main content

July Favourites 2016!

July went by way too fast. I seriously can't believe its already August... I feel like just yesterday I was writing about my favourite products of June! As fast as it went by though, I did find a lot of great products this month that have really changed up my makeup routine.
The first thing I've been obsessed with this week is Revlon's matte lipstick in 'Pink Pout'. In terms of drugstore lipsticks, I find that Revlon make some of the best. This is the perfect matte Barbie pink type colour that isn't drying, nor does it accentuate dryness or texture on the lips. I love it! 
I posted not too long ago about Sephora's 'My Beauty Notebooks' that I recently purchased. I've used them a lot this month, but the one in particular that I've been reaching for the most is the one called "Working it". It has exactly what I need for an every day look, with options to make it more nighttime friendly if I choose to. It has the perfect shades for a smokey eye or a brown, natural look. It also has the most perfect brow bone highlight shade that I'm OBSESSED with.
I've raved about the Nyx Prismatic eyeshadows over and over, but how can anyone blame me? They are hands down my favourite eyeshadow formulation in the drugstore. The one I've been loving this month is called 'Liquid Gold', which comes off a little more on the red side than a classic gold, but regardless, it is truly breath taking on the eyes. It looks like a foiled eyeshadow. As all of the other shadows, it is extremely pigmented, easy to blend and long wearing. I love wearing this all over the lid with 'Girl Talk' in the inner corners.  
I adore Essence. They have some crazy good products for such an affordable price point. I picked up the kajal pencil in the shade 'Teddy' mostly because I needed a good brown eyeliner and I was honestly blown away by this. It applies so smoothly, which you wouldn't expect from a $2 wooden pencil. The colour itself is a metallic brown which is seriously stunning. It is not the longest lasting eyeliner I own, but it still holds on for quite a while.
 I've always had issues with face sunscreens. They're either way too greasy, they break me out, or both. When I saw this in store, I knew I had to give it a try because the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration sunscreen is holy grail to me. And behold, another holy grail product for me from this line. It's perfect! It's moisturizing, has that great scent, doesn't break me out, works perfectly under makeup, has SPF 30... What else could I need? The bottle also has a really nice pump too!
Early this month, I was on the hunt for a good body butter because my skin is dry as ever, and dry skin is not a good look in shorts and dresses. I was initially going to pick up one of the Soap & Glory ones, but I had some second thoughts because $20 is a bit pricy for a product I knew I'd go through super quickly. I picked up this one by Bath Retreat in the scent Vanilla Souffle and I'm honestly pretty addicted to it. I was worried that the scent would be a little sickly and overly sweet but it isn't! It is a very sweet scent, but it's also very sexy. Besides that, it does the job! My skin is so incredibly soft since I've been using this! It's amazing to use after shaving your legs.

Those are all the products I've been loving this week! Let me know in the comments what your favourite product(s) were this month! 

xo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als