Skip to main content

One Brand Favourites: Marcelle

About a year ago, I was on the hunt for a new Micellar water and picked up one from Marcelle on a whim. Since then, Marcelle has become one of my favourite brands for both skincare and makeup. The more I've been looking into this brand, the more I want to try from them. Their products are not tested on animals, are perfume free and hypoallergenic, which is a huge plus for someone like me, who has sensitive skin. They're also a Canadian brand, so they're fairly accessible at the drugstore here in Canada.

These are the products from Marcelle that I use the most (even though there are still a lot of things I haven't tried yet but I'm looking forward to!)

Rouge Xpression Lipstick

I own 2 of these lipsticks and I'm dying to buy some more. They're extremely pigmented and long lasting, but also feel so hydrating on the lips. I feel like the packaging on them isn't the best (it feels a bit cheap), but don't let that deter you! These are fantastic quality lipsticks and one of my favourites for sure.

Quad Powder Blush in "Ultimate Corals"

This is one of my holy grail blushes. In fact, for a while this was the only blush I wore on my cheeks. Everything about this is awesome. The pigmentation is on point, plus they're long lasting and super blendable. Also, this particular shade is so flattering on my skin tone, it gives such a natural looking flush to the skin.

Black Kohl Eyeliner

Here's the deal. The Lancome Kohl eyeliner is my absolute holy grail kohl eyeliner. But it is crazy expensive, and I cannot justify paying over $30 on something I'm gonna sharpen away. So, I've been trying out drugstore Kohl eyeliners like a madwoman, trying to find something that can hold a candle to my beloved Lancome one. And This. Is. It. It is so good. Super pigmented, long lasting and easy to apply. I'm obsessed.

3-in-1 Micellar Solution

The first Marcelle product I've ever purchased, and probably one of my favourites. It is 100% holy grail status to me. I believe I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle of it now. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but it still manages to remove every trace of makeup, even waterproof. You don't even have to sit there scrubbing for hours, a couple swipes and it's all gone! Biggest bonus: you could probably pour this stuff into your eyeballs and it wouldn't sting one bit! (Although, I don't recommend that)

BB Cleanser 

Although I don't use this as much as the Micellar water, I find this product SO cool. Basically, it has the consistency of a face cream, and you massage it into your skin and then just wipe it off with a cloth. All the dirt and makeup on your face just wipes away! I think this is so cool, especially if you're travelling. Also, I love how my skin feels after using it. You'd expect your skin to still feel kinda dirty, since there's no soap or water involved, but my skin actually feels moisturized and refreshed! It's seriously awesome.

Note: Looking this up online, I think it may be discontinued, so if you're lucky enough to come across it, definitely pick one up!

Night Cream for All Skin Types

This is just a really good face cream. I like using this in the summer when I don't need a really heavy, thick night cream. It's light in consistency but still leaves my skin feeling fresh and hydrated when I wake up the next morning

Big Bronzer in 'Heat Wave' 

This was such an impulse buy. Did I need a huge, shimmery bronzer? Not really. Did I give it and pick it up, because it was pretty? Damn right I did. And I'm so glad that I did because it is so pretty! I like applying this for nights out, when I want a pretty bronzy glow. Also, the lighter shades work wonderfully as a highlighter! Honestly, this bronzer has something for all skin tones and the quality is awesome. It's finely milled, so you're not applying chunky glitter to your face, but rather a nice, shimmery glow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als