Skip to main content

Too Faced 'Born This Way' Foundation Review

I have always had problems finding the perfect foundation. My skin typically tends to be dry and most foundations I've tried usually accentuate that and cling to dry spots. I read pretty mixed reviews about Too Faced's 'Born This Way' foundation but I figured I'd give it a try since I'm a pretty big fan of their products in general.

This foundation changed the game for me. It provides medium but buildable coverage, and just glides on your skin like a dream. It has the most lovely feeling on the skin, I almost can't describe it. The perfect balance between matte and dewy making it look SO natural that you honestly can't tell you have foundation on. I wear the shade Nude and was matched at Sephora so it was a perfect match. (although I'll have to see about getting matched again since that was back in August and I'm sure I've lost most of my tan by now).

Ever since I tried this foundation in the summer, I've worn nothing but it. It's seriously that great. I would recommend this especially for anyone with dry skin because it honestly goes right over it and doesn't make it obvious. I also tend to have sensitive skin and acne prone skin and I had no reaction at all with this foundation. Way to go, Too Faced. This stuff is amazing.

They also recently expanded their range of shades to 18, so it's very likely you'd find your shade. The packaging is very nice and classic looking and has a pump which was an extra selling point for me; nothing worse than having to coax stubborn foundation out from the bottom of the bottle.

The only con for me is that it is a bit pricy ($57 CAD) but it does last fairly long since just a little of the product goes a long way, which does make it worth the price.

If you've tried it, let me know what you thought in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als