Skip to main content

Christmas Gift Suggestions For Your Girlfriend (Blogmas Day 5)

Before I begin with my suggestions, I think it's important to mention that no matter how difficult you think it may be to shop for a girl, it's actually pretty simple. And here's the best thing you can do: go on a shopping trip with them. Girls are pretty vocal about things they like and dislike, so you will definitely hear a few of the "Oh my god, I love this" and "I want this soooo much!" and even "How cute is this???". Take these as your hints. Not only will you be getting her something you know for sure that she will like, but you will get bonus points for being attentive, listening and remembering the things she liked.

If this fails, here are a few of my suggestions that I personally think would make great gifts. Of course, not all these apply to every girl, and maybe none of these will apply for your girlfriend. But what I personally believe is that if it shows that you put some thought into it and tried to buy her something she would like, then she will most likely love it.

Generally, I would recommend staying away from buying makeup and perfume unless its one that she's specifically mentioned that she likes and wants. Beauty products are a tricky (and costly!) business and you want to be sure you're getting something she'll love.

Lush
Getting your lady something from Lush is a great idea if you know she loves taking baths or is in need of some pampering. They have tons and tons of great stuff to choose from and if you're totally lost, the staff are always so nice and will help you choose something great. Bonus: they have some things that can be used as a couple, for example their awesome massage bars.
My suggestions: Sex Bomb bath bomb, Therapy massage bar, The Comforter bubble bar, Ocean Salt scrub and Butterball bath bomb. Also: most things from the Holiday range are fantastic! AND if you're totally lost, they make pre-packaged gift boxes that make your job that much easier!

Tea
If your girlfriend is the kind who loves to drink tea, getting her a set of fancy teas (and definitely a cute mug to go with it) would be a really sweet gift. For you Canadians, definitely stop at a David's Tea store and pick up some things from there! They have some really nice stuff for the holidays and they'll definitely help you choose the best gift!
I can't suggest much since tea is a personal preference, but their holiday teas are delicious as well as (my personal favourites) Blueberry Jam, Birthday Cake, Pumpkin Chai, Chocolate Rocket and Forever Nuts!

Personalized or DIY things
This is a really great one if you're low on cash or want to add a special something to your gift. Creating something personal is such a sweet gesture and no matter how much you spend, she'll be so amazed that you put a lot of thought and effort into it. My favourite suggestion would be to make a collage of photos of you both and put it in a nice frame. Bonus: have the frame engraved with your names and anniversary. If you're feeling a bit more artistic, you can make a mini scrapbook with photos and memories of the time you've been together. The choices for cute DIY gifts are endless! (Look up "DIY girlfrend gifts" on Pinterest and you'll find tons. You're welcome!)

One of a Kind jewelry
Buying your girlfriend jewelry is a usually a good choice (if she's into that). But getting her one of a kind jewelry adds that extra special touch that she'll really love and it doesn't have to be ridiculously expensive! There are tons of stores on Etsy that sell one of a kind, beautiful necklaces and bracelets for incredible prices. Just browse through the jewelry and choose what you think she'd like! There's also a handy section that narrows down the search options to "Holiday gifts --> for a girlfriend --> jewelry" and you can find that right here. Once again, you're welcome!
I personally have this necklace and its incredible. You can find it here
An activity you can do together
This is hands down my favourite possible gift to both give and receive. Any activity you two can do together and have her looking forward to is a fantastic gift. And the possibilities are endless: for bigger budgets, you can book a vacation or weekend getaway for the two of you. Concert tickets, local events, sports events (of course, if she's into that. Don't get it as an excuse for you to go) are all other great options.

And that concludes my holiday gift guide for 2015. I tried to keep it simple and cover options for both bigger and smaller budgets. But of course, don't take my word as truth. You know your girlfriend best and believe me, it's not too hard to figure out a few things she'd like! Hopefully this has helped give you all some ideas!
Let me know what you think of this guide in the comments below!
xo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als