Skip to main content

Favourites: June 2015

I'm a bit late with this post, but better late than never :) Here are the things that I have enjoyed using throughout the month of June!

Hair: 

Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner: 
I am so in love with this stuff!! I've tried the shampoo that goes with it, and I really really did not like it AT ALL, but the conditioner is on another level. I have extremely thick and dry hair and this actually managed to smooth it and make it softer than most other conditioners I've ever tried. It also smells incredible which is a huge bonus.

Skin: 

Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin Acne Hater Deep Scrub:
This product has the full package; cute packaging, amazing smell and it actually WORKS. My face feels so soft and clean after using this and I've noticed that since I've been using this (once a day), my skin has been clearer than usual. Love love loveeee!!


Makeup:

Maybelline "The Blushed Nudes" eyeshadow palette:
I've had my eye on this palette right from when it came out and I finally got to pick one up a couple weeks ago. I've probably been wearing these eyeshadows almost every time I put on makeup this month. The colours are so pretty and the pigmentation is very good for drugstore eyeshadows. I've really been into warmer, pink-y colours on the eyes recently so this palette was just what I needed. I love it!

Book:

Between by Jessica Warman: 
This book was so interesting and so different from anything I've ever read. I wont spoil too much but basically its about a girl who is found dead on her 18th birthday. The book is in her point of view as she reviews her life and tries to figure out what exactly happened to her. I'll be posting a full review of it on my book blog soon!


TV Show:

True Blood: 
Since I've had a lot more free time on my hands and I'm finally all caught up on the shows I already follow, I decided it was time for me to start a new show. This isn't a "new" series by any means, but I thought I'd include it here because I'm addicted. Yes, its a vampire series, but its definitely aimed to a more... mature audience. I'm almost finished the second season and I am soooo obsessed!!



What were your favourites last month? Let me know in the comments!
And a happy 4th of July to any American readers! 
xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The BEST and EASIEST Waffle Recipe! (Blogmas Day 9)

When it starts to get chilly out, I find myself making waffles pretty often. In fact, our Sunday breakfast usually consists of waffles of some kind. And in my house, I'm the designated waffle chef. I have the best recipe for waffles that are truly delicious AND any lazy chefs dream; its all done in one bowl, with ingredients everyone has in their kitchen. Literally foolproof and delicious. Perfect for Christmas morning! Makes anywhere from 8-12 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle iron. Ingredients:  2 cups of All-Purpose flour 1 tablespoon of baking powder 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar 1/4 teaspoon of salt 2 eggs (beaten) 1 teaspoon of vanilla (but you can add another 1/2 teaspoon if you want a stronger vanilla taste!) 1-3/4 cups of milk 1/4 cup vegetable oil Directions:  1) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) 2) Create a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients 3) Mix

1 Year of Covid-19: A reflection

  It feels like just yesterday we were all feeling the anxiety and uncertainty of a new disease that was spreading quickly around the world that no one truly understood yet. We were facing the first wave of cases, the fear of going outside and being around people and the first round of quarantines and restrictions.  It feels like just yesterday, but also so long ago.  I, and I am sure many others, am feeling a mix of emotions.  Sad for the loss of comfort we once had. Grief for all the lives lost and permanently changed. Thankful for my health and that of my family. Gratitude for the scientists and frontline workers alike, working tirelessly behind the scenes I hope that one day we can return to a new normal. I hope that one day I'll be able to go to work and not feel  afraid  to get too close to my coworkers and patients. I hope that no one will ever again have to face the end of their lives all alone. I hope that no one has their life cut short because of an insidious virus that

Blogilates Beginner's Calendar 2.0: Review & Final Update

I've officially completed all 28 days of the Blogilates Beginner's Calendar and firstly, I have to say that I'm pretty damn proud of myself, because it was pretty difficult but I stuck with it until the end. And I had fun in the process! So, how much of a difference does this calendar really make? Does it work? Here are my final thoughts. This workout program really works, but you need to work at it too. If you're going to half ass the workouts, eat badly and skip days, you really won't see a huge difference. I really did my best to stick with it and work hard at it and I really have seen a difference. The thing about Blogilates that I enjoyed is that you won't just see a difference in your body, you'll see a difference in your mindset and motivation as well. Physically, since I began the calendar, I lost 10 pounds and I feel so much stronger than I was before. My muscles, especially my legs are so much more defined than they used to be. Cassey als